Re: Kppp and radio modem question

Phil wrote:

I tried creating a link (ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 modem2) but that didn't appear in the device list either. ln -s /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/usb/ttyACM0 appeared to work; the terminal window indicated that the modem was ready but the modem would not respond. Is this a link problem or something else?

I can't think of any reason that the second link shouldn't work. A device is just a pseudo-file that provides some numbers to the Kernel driver. Just like any other file, the location in the file system doesn't matter.

So, it must be something else that is causing the problem, and I know nothing about the specific modem.

--
JRT