Re: can no longer edit/update KMenu!

s s wrote:
Hello,
I recently upgraded to KDE 3.4.1, and I can no longer
edit or update the KMenu. When I make changes to it, I
then close the Menu editor, and it asks me to save the
changes. I tell it I would like to save the changes,
and is SAYS it IS saving them, but then when I look at
the menu items, nothing is changed. THis applies to
adding items, removing items, and editing an item's
properties. Has anyone else had this?
I'm running slackware.

Next time, please try to start a new thread -- just changing the subject
does not start a new thread.

When you edit the menu as a user, all of the changes which that user
makes are saved in:

	$HOME/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

Do you have such a file?

For the changes to the menu to be saved, the user must have permission
to create and to write to this file.

--
JRT