Re: Thunderbird to kde integration

Denis Kostousov wrote:

I want to integrate Mozilla Thunderbird to KDE (as default mail application).

I wrote small script that can connect to existing TB or lauch it:
- -------------
#!/bin/sh

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="$HOME/Programs/Thunderbird"

url="$1"
if [ "x$url" = "x" ]; then
  exit 0
fi

url=`echo $url|sed 's/^mailto://'`

if $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/thunderbird -remote "mailto($url)"; then
  exit 0
fi
exec $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/thunderbird "$url"
- -------------

Then I set this as default mail application in KDE.

But, when I tried send message to person in KAddressbook, this script execudet without any argument.
Why?
How KDE pass email address to mail application?

You don't have to do that.  Just go to [in the Control Center]:

	KDE Components -> Component Chooser

Then choose: "Email Client"

Set the Radio Button to "Use a different email client" and enter:

	thunderbird %u

in the box.  At least it works fine for me.

The hard part is getting Konquer to open URLs from Thunderbird.

Create a file: "$HOME/.thunderbird/<code>.default/user.js" like the attached and URLs will open in Konqueror. Where "<code>" is the random unique directory name created on your system.

--
JRT