Re: SuSE 9.2 and Kopete 0.10.1

David House wrote:
On 6/1/05, Alejandro Frasch <alex.frasch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi people,

I've been running SuSE 9.2 satisfactorily for sometime now. Since a week or
two I have difficulties connecting with MSN when I use my kopete. I thought
that if I updated my kopete it would be working again correctly. I got the
source and gave it a try. It just will not want to finish the "make" it
throughs "Errors 1". I thought it might be that the new kopete will not work
on KDE 3.3.0 so I've tried to get the KDE updated. It just won't work.

What are the exact errors you're getting? What sources are you using
(i.e., where did you download them from?)?

I had the MSN problem with Kopete and also had problems building a new version of Kopete - due to not having the right libraries installed in my setup. I got over this by getting KDE 3.4.1 which includes binaries of the new Kopete (0.10.2. However this did not solve all problems - I found that my old MSN login just would not work and had to re-register with MSN using a different e-mail address. Only then could I login to MSN. I also had to re-make my contacts in Kopete before they were available.

Bogus