Re: tunnelling using fish://

You could edit your ~.bashrc file and append to the end of it the command:
ssh users@some box

Also adding exporting an RSA type key and adding the public one to
either boxes' .ssh/authorized_keys file in your home dir's, then
chmoding that file 640.

This would make the first ssh completely transparent, although I'm not
sure you would be able to ever log into the FW. So that solution may
not be for you.

On 5/17/05, Chris Gow <sniffy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 16, 2005 07:39 pm, Jes Hall wrote:
> > > home -ssh-> office fw -ssh-> office pc
> > >
> > > is it possible to specify on the url the tunnel?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > -- chris
> >
> > When you say tunnel, do you mean that you ssh into the office firewall
> > machine and then ssh into your desktop, or that you have an ssh tunnel
> > configured that takes you straight to your desktop when you type ssh
> > user@host ?
>
> The former: I ssh into the office firewall and then ssh into my desktop. If
> its possible to do the latter without port forwarding, I'd like that.
>
> thanks
>
> -- chris

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain