Re: Two problems (bugs) with Progress bars in KDE 3.4

s s wrote:
Hey...
 Just upgraded to KDE 3.4.0. I've noticed that
progress bars for downloads with Konqueror do not
work. I will download a file and Konqueror will
immediately tell me it has 100% of the file... yup,
the progress bar jumps to 100% right away. Also, it
does not properly give the File Size while
downloading, it will say something like "40.0 MB of
40.0 MB complete"... the file's size is actually 145
MB, but when it displays the file size progress, it
only reports on how much it has already downloaded.
Time Remaining is always at 00:00:00 (probably because
it thinks it's already downloaded the complete file).
Has anyone else noticed that, or know of a fix? Has a
bug report been submitted, and if not, how would I
submit one?

I have noticed various problems with the Progress Dialog windows so I would presume that this is a bug.

Another problem with progress bars:
This one goes back to KDE 3.2.*... with kSplash, the
progress bar at the bottom of the splash screen is
always at 0%, then jumps immediately to 100%, when
logging finishes. It's been annoying me for a while,
but it's not as if this bug affects daily
functionality. Anyone seen this one before?

This progress bar is for restoring the session. Do you have a saved session? or do you start with an empty session?

--
JRT