Re: konqueror and size of the previewed image

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:41 pm, qrto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok, there's this thing, i've bunch of "big" pictures,1600x1200 for example.
Is there a way to convince konqueror, to resize them to, say, 1024x768,
when previewing them ?

You will have to be clearer about what you want. When Konq previews images it only shows a small thumbnail so I dont think you mean previews per se. If you mean previewing in an embedded image viewer then it will depend on which embeddable image viewer you are using.
Previewing in;
1) The default embedded image viewer will show the image full size but with scrollbars.
2) The kview embedded viewer shows the image full size but you have a zoom box on the toolbar with + and - buttons each size.

3) In the Gwenview embeddable component will fit the image to the size of konqs viewing area but with an Autozoom button on the toolbar. Turning the autozoom off will show the image fullsize with scroll bars.

Other image viewers may have embeddable components that act differently but changing from 1600 to 1200 by default is a bit silly as the images would still be to big in most cases. Wouldn't the autosize/autozoom of the gwenview component be more sensible?

--
regards,
andrew

(i had to change my email and resubscribe, sorry for that)
Ye, you understood me correctly. Thanx for a nice tool, didn't know gwenview and it's really nice, but... That's not what i meant, what i want to achieve is resized image in konqueror's ebedded image viewer. I am already using external app for resizing, display -resize 1024x768 works perfect, but i was wondering if i can get resizing with embedded image viewer.

For reasons I don't understand, the KView auto resize feature only works if you run it as a separate application -- not embedded in Konqueror. Either way, there is a function in the View menu that will resize to screen. You can add this to the toolbar.

Sorry, but for me (Suse 9.2, KDE 3.3.0) the Gwenview auto resize (toolbar magnifying glass icon) works just fine when embedded in Konqueror.