Re: K3b says "no suitable writer found" if run as normal user

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 18:25, wolfgang pauli wrote:
> I didn't upgrade the kernel from 2.4.18 for fun! I didn't know that I had
> to justify, why I upgraded it... sorry. All the other tools work by the
> way. I did not have to upgrade cdrecord, because it is still working. The
> fact that K3b works if I am locked in as root and cdrecord works with all
> users suggests that this is not a kernel-problem, am I right?

Maybe K3B tries to "detect" device permissions beforehand and checks for the
SCSI device nodes because it assumes you will be using the ide-scsi
emulation.
Just a wild guess, I am using that on a 2.4 kernel and forgot to add write
permission to the generic SCSI device node of the writer.

Cheers,
Kevin