Re: Konsole: turn off TAB shortcut/autocompletion

bogdan romocea wrote:
Dear KDE users,

I have a bunch of shell scripts saved in text files, which I want to
copy and paste in Konsole (instead of running the scripts directly from
files). Many scripts are indented with double TABs. These double TABs
cause the pasted scripts to fail at the point where the first TAB-TAB
occurs.

It appears some kind of autocomplete "feature" is activated. For
example, if I press TAB twice after I open Konsole I get:
Display all 2866 possibilities? (y or n)

How do I get rid of this bug? I didn't find anything useful in Settings
- Configure Konsole. (Eliminating the double TABs from my scripts is
not an option.)

All that Konsole does is run whichever shell you choose. It is the shell that is interpreting the <Tab><Tab>.

So, this isn't a KDE issue. Also, I doubt that there is any cure for the issue.

--
JRT