Re: Changing SU konsole to export $DISPLAY

Am Freitag, 8. April 2005 11:39 schrieb Rikard Johnels:

> But it still doesnt let me use DISPLAY...
> Is there a way to pass that to the command?
> The way 'sux' work.
> I want a root terminal that can use the Xdisplay.

It works here without any further configuration,  I can launch
GUI apps from the konsole I started with kdesu and their windows
pop up without errors.  The DISPLAY variable is set correctly,
and there are no permission problems.

This is on a Debian Sarge system with KDE 3.4 from "experimental".

Note: I'm connected remotely using XDMCP though, so my setup
is probably different. Not that I see any obvious problems
with the standard setup...

Christian.