Re: device icons on the desktop

hi,

well i dont know how much i can help here. I am not much in recompiling stuff myself. i downloaded the latest kde rpms from kde-redhat.org. since i am running FC3 they were readily available. if you running a redhat based dist it might be worth taking a look at those rpms.

manoj

LeVA wrote:

2005. április 1. 03:40,
Manojav Sridhar
-> kde@xxxxxxxxxxxx,:

hello,

i recently upgraded to Kde 3.4 w/ hal/dbus support. my question is that
when i plug in certain devices i get a device icon on my desktop like my
Sony digital (usb) camera. but when i plug in my Rio Forge. it doesn't
create an icon for me. i am guessing the Rio device has not been setup
to show the icon.

where is the file the describes what devices popup on my desktop and
which ones dont.

both of them mount properly in /media/FORGE and /media/usbdisk (for the
camera)

Hi!

I'm currently trying to configure kde to do this stuff. But after I've plugged in my pendrive, I can not get any icon on my desktop, and can not see anything under media:/.
Could you please tell me, how did you configured your kde to work with media:/ ?
I've compiled my kdebase with dbus/HAL support too, and a dbus daemon is running on my computer.
Thanks!

Daniel