Re: Screen artefacts when using translucency

> If I enable transparent windows and the x.org extension, everything
> works except when I change a maximised window back down to its
> original shape.

I get the same behavior, as many people who tried it probably. Keep in
mind that the composite extension is still very experimental, and
apart from these graphical bugs, you can expect very bad things such
as hard crashes to happen. No doubt this is going to be fixed by the
x.org guys shortly.

Note that this issue is more related to X than to KDE, AFAIK. As for
the opengl version, although we can't really expect KDE to draw the
desktop using opengl, you can have a look at the looking glass project
for something visually very neat.

https://lg3d.dev.java.net/

Alex.
--