Re: adding a new wm to kdm

Am Sonntag, 20. MÃrz 2005 22:17 schrieb LeVA:
> Hi!
>
> I need to add a new window manager to kdm, so I will be able to start that
> instead of kde. It is installed to a non-standard path, but it's starter
> script is in my path, and I can start from console. How can I add new entries
> to kdm?

Take a look at the *.desktop files in the directory
share/apps/kdm/sessions/
under your KDE installation root dir.
Copying one of them and adapting it for the new
type of session worked for me...

Try putting your start script into the Exec and TryExec lines,
and change the session name.  You can just delete
all the translations of the session name except the
languages you need, of course.

Christian.