Re: System Notifications...

> Ok, I just went to the link you provided and did what they told me to
> troubleshoot my sound.  I closed artsd and tried playing some mp3's with
> XMMS.  The mp3's wouldn't play.  Which means it's what the URL said, "then
> your general sound setup is probably broken and it's not a KDE problem".  I
> have no idea what's the problem but it didn't happened until I updated KDE.
> That's the only system change I made.  Before that all sound was working
> fine.

Did you double check artsd hadn't immediately restarted, just in case? Another
thing to check is if you may have recently upgraded, uninstalled or otherwise
modified your mp3 decoder libraries. Try running artsd -l 0 as the
troubleshooting sound faq mentions, then open a second terminal and try
'artsplay /path/to/some/mp3'. This will give you a lot of verbose debugging
output that might help us diagnose the problem

:)
--
JH

KDE frequently asked questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");