Re: Konqueror "cannot find mime type" errors

Bogus Zaba wrote:

All of a sudden, when I start up KDE (I usually log off with a Konqueror window open) I am getting multiple error messages from "Knotify" which all tell me that :
"
Could not find mime type
application/octet-stream
"
Eventually these stop (after OK'ing them all ) and I get a Konqueror crash.

If I try to re-start Konqueror later during teh KDE session, it starts OK with just one single error as above.

I tried deleting the konqueror directory under home/.kde/share/apps but this seems to have made no difference to the problem.

Anybody know hwo how to fix this?

OK, fixed it myself - sorry if this was obvious to everybody. Needed to add "octet/stream" to the application group in Konqueror / settings / file associations. No filetype or application has to be associated. Apparently Konq just likes to think that it knows about "octet/stream"s.