how to change double-click text selection delimiters?

Can I change the characters that delimit what is
selected when you double click on a phrase in a kde
application like kate or konqueror?

For example in vi (konsole) if I double click on
http://www.kde.org, the complete phrase is highlighted
(so I can transfer that phrase into konqueror easily)

However in kate, if I double click on "kde" in
http://www.kde.org then all that gets highlighted is
the word "kde" because the periods act as delimiters
for the text that will be selected.