neglected security issue in konqueror?

http://www.shmoo.com/idn/

a friend sent me this link this morning and it seems to me to be a real
security problem but according to the paper, this issue was raised back in
2001 and both mozilla and all khtml projects seem to still be affected by the
exploit.

is there a reason for this?  should i bother posting to bugs?

--
under a government which imprisons any unjustly,
the true place for a just man is also a prison.