what to put in /etc/hosts.allow?

I cannot get the printer wizard to the final part and I cannot get the authentication to pass me. I found an entry is needed in /etc/hosts.allow, but what do you put there? I tried my username and I tried the name you must give the printer? I've run out of ideas, I know its a permissions problem but the manuals seem vague to me< any help would be greatly appreciated.