Re: core

Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2005 20:17 schrieb tommie ramirez andujar:
> I am seeing in my /home/user folder some files  named core.11243,  I
> think they the result of a program crash, is there a way to disable
> receiving that.
> tommie

Yes, they are created when a program crashes.

The command to configure this depends on the shell you're using.
Googling for "disable core dumps linux" gave me:
http://www.unixguide.net/linux/faq/07.14.shtml

Assuming you're using bash you need to use the ulimit command:

ulimit -c THE_MAX_SIZE_YOU_WANT

There's no separate man page for the ulimit command.
If you're interested in the documentation take a
look at the man page of bash, for example by typing
#bash in the location bar of konqueror or man bash
on the command line.

HTH,
Christian.