Re: kmid

Bob Stia wrote:
Hello KDE people,

Hope this has not been discussed to death already. Googled but didn't find anything of value and am new to this list.

I have never been able to play a midi file. Now running SuSE 9.2 on a x86_64 platform. (new install, new hardware, KDE 3.3.2, via on board sound chip) I give this info because on the old system (SuSE 8.2, KDE 3.2, and a Soundblaster card) I could not either.

I have Timidity also installed. Kmid opens and then I can load a file to play. Just sits there and does nothing. At least on the old system it acted as if it were playing but no sound came out.

If I open Kmid in a terminal I get the message "no midi ports" when I try to open the file.

The app KMID is a front end for MIDI HARDWARE. If you don't have a hardware synthesizer, you can use KMIDI which is a KDE front end for TiMIIDIty, or you can use TiMIDIty directly.

--
JRT