A better trashcan?

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to handle trashed files in a bit more clever way. At the moment it is not possible to restore these files to their original locations, nor is it possible to have multiple files under the same name in trash (since the files or dirs are just simply moved to trash directory?).

What I'd like to see integrated to the desktop is what can be done with tar like:
> cd /
> tar cf /path/to/trash.tar /path/to/file/to/add/to/trash
> rm /path/to/file/to/add/to/trash

> cd / > tar rf /path/to/trash.tar /path/to/another/file/to/add/to/trash > rm /path/to/another/file/to/add/to/trash

Extracting is a bit trickier I guess because a user doesn't (usually) have write permissions on /, so this needs a work-around. And the whole thing should of course have a nice gui...

Does anyone know if this is already implemented somewhere or if there are any plans on doing it?

Cheers,
Teemu