Re: creating a link to a directory

On Monday 20 December 2004 08:32, John Sowden wrote about  creating
a link to a directory:
> I am trying to create a link to a directory where I have some
> programs to run. I don't want to start the browser (url), just open a
> window to a directory, but not the desktop.  How do I associat an
> icon on the desktop to, say,: /home/john/accounting
>
> thanks,
>
>(...)

Right click on the desktop,
Go to:
Create New -> File -> Link to location.

Or in file mager drag a folder to the desktop with the left mouse button
and choose "Create shortcut here" from the menu that apears when you
release the folder on the desktop