Re: File previews

Chris Gow wrote:
On December 17, 2004 01:30 pm, Carsten Schlipf wrote:

Check the size of these files. By default files that are bigger than 1
MB are not previewed.

Go to Settings -> Configure Konqueror... -> Previews & Meta-data to
change the preview file size .

Yup. That did the trick. I bumped it up to 10MB. Thanks Carsten and Philip.

Although what I find strange is that konqueror generated previews for some mpgs and avi files even though those files were/are still larger than the maximum file size.

Yupp, the size limit does not apply to videos (it would be pretty useless here to restrict the size to 1 MB). I guess, some of your video files are encoded with a different codec that cannot be decoded by the preview routines.

Cheers,
Carsten