KDE applications oppening urls in cache

Hi,

I'm relatively new to linux and KDE and I have this problem: Whenever I click on a url link in a KDE application (like help or KNewsTicker), instead of oppening the link in my browser, kde downloads the page as an archive and then directs my browser to that localy saved file. As a result, the page format is destroyed, images are not dispayed and I cannot follow any links.
I tried disabling the cache in the KDE control center but it didn't help.
I'm also using Firefox as a browser and I've already changed the default browser. (in the specific page and in the file associations page) I'm using Fedora Core 3

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.