Re: krdc (Remote Desktop Connection) usage question

Larry Howe schrieb:
Quoting Maximilian Renkin <mxrenkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

krdc is working without problems so far (didn't work much until now).

But it is boring to set the domain? (the third field in the login dialog
in Win2000) every time by hand.

setting the user name is working with
    rdp:/theUserName@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there a way to add the domain name (in my case the local account has
to be selected)?

I already tried rdp:/theUserName:theDomain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and some
other variants.

Thanks for any hint!

Max

Is it a windows domain? Windows domains are normally designated by
yes, it's a windows domain!

domain\user

so in your case perhaps

rdp:/domain\theUserName@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or

rdp:/domain\\theUserName@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now I tried your suggestions too, but unfortunately they don't work too. At the moment I switched to the rdesktop app (part of SuSE 9.2), which allows to set all needed parameters on command line ( rdesktop -k de -g 1024x768 -d theDomain -u theUserName servername.domain.xx ). Seems to work without drawbacks.

Are you getting your linux desktop on a windows box or vice-versa?
I am accessing the remote Windows Desktop on my Linux PC

Larry

Many thanks for your help!

Max