Re: firewire no go

john brennan-sardou wrote:
hello;
I have just installed fedora three and it works like a dream. However my firewire under kde is not seen. When fedora starts it recognises the card and the make of the card but when I get into kde the dvgrab "can't find a handle" and in the Info section the card is not shown at all. I have tried this with two cards one from Pinnacle and the other with a Via chipset. No go. So what does one do? My video camera is full of clips to download.

You don't mention what you did to mount your camera.

FireWire is just a connection system like SCSI or USB.

IIUC, like any removable file system, you camera needs to be mounted before you can access it.

--
JRT