Re: fontconfig +xfs ? or only fontconfig ....

Marie-Noelle Dauphin wrote:
Hello , Since several months ,  I have compiled konstruct.kde  with qt  in
the same time... . since there is a new version , i compil it  with the same
method ..

I noticed that sometimes for one version (for example kde3.2 ),

kde use fontconfig AND the fonts of the xfs server  ( I see that in kde
control configuration , there 's plenty of fonts which are not not defined in
the /etc/fonts.conf but in the xfs server

FontConfig will search directory trees recursively so if you have:

	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
	/usr/share/fonts
	~/.fonts

it will find most of them, but if running [as root]:

	fc-cache -v

doesn't list all of your fonts, then add the directories to: "/etc/fonts/local.conf". Remember, you only need the root of a tree.

and for another version ( for example kde 3.3) kde only use fontconfig ....

It 's annoying for users .... because when I change the kde version they
loose fonts ...It would be all the time the same fonts ...

can you explain me that ? I don't find compilation option for that in kde ....

It is Qt that uses FontConfig, so it is necessary that you Qt is linked against
FontConfig. Older versions of Qt's 'configure' script had problems finding FontConfig if it wasn't installed in: /usr/X11R6. That might be your problem if you built from source.

--
JRT