Re: [Help] How to start application in a given desktop?

I can see the misunderstanding.

Let me try to explain.

In CDE, if we want to start xterm in workspace Two, we can do
xterm -xrm "*workspaceList: Two"

In CDE, if we want to start a tcl/tk window in workspace Two, we can call the proc below:
proc myToplevel {winName} {
toplevel $winName
wm command $winName {"" "-xrm" "*workspaceList: Two"}
}

You can see the resource string we pass to executable xterm is the same with that we pass to a tcl/tk window.

So my question:

Is there such a resource string in KDE?

Best Regards
Ming

J. David Boyd wrote:

Ming Zhao wrote:

Thank your reply.

To clarify my problem:

I'm writing a program with Tcl/Tk, how can I make a toplevel window
appear in a given desktop?

Or is there a resource string I can pass to xterm's -xrm option to make
xterm start up in the given desktop?

Thanks.
Ming

I can't see it happening. You want a child process to control a parent process, and I don't think it will be possible.

Out of curiosity, why can't your tcl/tk program call "kstart yadda yadda
yadda" instead of "xterm"?

Dave

-- Best Regards Ming Zhao

+086-021-32204540*70177