Re: Diacritics in Suse 9.1/KDE 3.2

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

Jogchum Reitsma wrote:

I don't know if this a KDE-related problem, or a Suse-only issue, but I give it a try here.

Formerly I used to enter diacritics (û, â) etc. simply by typing the accent (^ in this example) first, en then the character that had to be accented (e.g. u, a). Chosing the US-kb with international symbols was sufficient for that. There was an applet in the taskbar which made it possible to switch on the fly between US and UK keyboards.

It isn't there anymore, and inserting diacritics has become quite tedious.

Anyone with that experience? More important, how can it be solved?

By the way, I'm new to this list, so maybe it's an old and olready answered question - my apologies in that case.

Do you still have the: "Keyboard Layout" KCM in the Control Center?

--
JRT

Found it! I had sought in 'Devices->Keyboard', but I had to go to 'Region and accessability', and there it was, and it works. I've got my applet back, too.

Thanks for your help!

kind greetings, Jogchum Reitsma