Re: crazy double-doings all over kde3.2.3

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, daniel wrote:

i'm running gentoo and just upgraded to kde 3.2.3....  and this version is
more bug-ridden than 3.2.2!  the most annoying issue has got to bee the
double-ness of all my inputs.  hitting "ctrl+w" to close a file in kate,
closes that file and the one immediately following it.  sometimes, hitting a
single quote (') will give me two, and in each case, the cpu load spikes for
half a second.

now, rather than just switching back to version 3.2.2, i'd like to help the
devs figure this particular annoyance out, but i'm not sure how to describe
this to bugs.kde.org.  is the above all that i can supply or is there
additional info i could find somewhere?

Please check first if any non-kde programs also suffer from double key presses. It might be an input problem or a hardware problem. If non-kde programs don't misbehave, you should open a bugreport for KDE.

Dik