Re: Howto Get KOrganizer to Auto-Start

Hi Scott,

run kcontrol and go to KDE Components -> Session Manager. There you can find a group "On Login". Set it to "Restore manually saves session". After that you should have a "Save Session" in your KDE Menu.

Best regards,
Carsten

Scott Dudley wrote:

Carsten,

alarmd is running but I don't see an option to "Save Session" on my menu.

scott: /home/scott $ ps ax|grep kalarmd
1921 ?        S      0:03 kalarmd --login

Thanks.

Carsten Schlipf wrote:

Hi Scott,

I guess you mean just the System Tray applet and not korganizer as application.

Start kalarmd and then choose "Save Session" from your KDE menu.

Best regards,
Carsten

Scott Dudley wrote:

I'm running KDE on RedHat 9 and am wondering how I can get KOrganzer to automatically startup. On another like configured machine, it does so automatically and appear as an applet next to the knotes and volume control. I don't recall having done anything differently on that system. I do recall some systems having prompted me to save session on exit but this one does not.

Many thanks.