Re: KDE 3.2.1 becomes corrupt?

Hi all,

A problem developed today on my LFS system running 2.4.25 on an ix86 machine.

I was looking at installing some new icon themes that I downloaded from kde-look. Without actually changing anything (as far as I know) all of a sudden ALL icons do not show. I am talking on the desktop, on the panel, in konquerer as well as any other kde related program. They still show in Firefox for instance. The programs still run if you double click where the icon should be. This affects all users, not just my account. I have tried resetting the defaults, deleting the ~/.kde directory, nada.

Also related to this, kmail no longer loads. It starts, but immediately exits with a sig 11, which leads me to believe that something in the global files has been..corrupted?

Any suggestions on what this may be from?

Thanks!
~

Rob

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that think in binary and those that don't.

~