Re: Spyware search/destroy for Linux?

Brian S. Stephan wrote:
I'm using Mandrake 9.2, KDE 3.1.3, Konqueror 3.1.4, Kmail 1.5.3

Spyware? What spyware? There's spyware for Linux?

It may not be spyware, but there are a lot of pop-up Konqueror screens with ads and the like.

How do I stop that?

Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Java & Javascript -> Javascript
Either uncheck "Enable Javascript globally," or change the Global Javascript Policy for "Open new windows" to something not "Allow"

"Smart" is usually the best option, it's like running a pop-up blocker in Windows. And Mozilla has a function like this, too, but I guess I shouldn't mention it on a KDE list? =)

The fact that Microsoft still hasn't put this functionality into IE just blows me away.