Re: Spyware search/destroy for Linux?

Chad Robinson wrote:
Spyware? What spyware? There's spyware for Linux?

=)

It's too much of a pain in the rear to be worth making spyware for Linux, and the people you'd be targeting are the most likely to a) discover your intentions and b) stop them. The Windows market is so lucrative that it'll probably be a long while before you encounter this. And because solution SOLVER people (like spyware search/destroy) follow PROBLEMS you won't find spyware removal tools until there's spyware to remove.

-Chad

There might be some worth to a Linux spyware remover capable of scanning and cleaning a Windows partition, like some Linux virus scanners do. There are some spywares that make it very difficult to remove while Windows is running, and last I checked there weren't any spyware removers for pure DOS (which is barely an option for NT4/2k/XP users anyway).

Actually, I'd probably trust such a program rather more than one running in Windows, you never know what little hidey holes and nooks stuff can be hiding in while Windows is running. I suppose it's neither here nor there as far as KDE is concerned though.

Scott Holder