Re: Looking for KMenu/panel options

Brian S. Stephan wrote:
Hi list,

Talking to someone else about desktop customization, we came across a couple desires we couldn't find options for. Do any of the following exist?

1) An option for the taskbar (external or internal) to only show the application icon

2) An option so KMenu only shows the menu icon instead of the icon and name/description

3) The ability to add bookmarks to the panel as _specific_ buttons.

I thought I'd seen #1 before. #2 doesn't seem terribly useful (and I agree), but it came up while talking.

#3 sounds possible. As Add -> Application Button essentially loads "All Applications" from KMenu, I tried adding Bookmarks to the KMenu via KMenu config, but that puts it under Actions, so it can't be done that way. The intent of this was to have buttons in the panel that opened specific directories. There's Add -> Bookmarks, but that adds an icon which displays the entire bookmark list.

#3 is actually really easy if you don't care about how the icon gets created. Just make an icon that opens your browser to a specific URL. It takes a few more clicks and you have to cut/paste (or type) the URL but it's not rocket science. I don't think #1-#2 exist though.