Control-C Application Shortcut Problem

I have a problem. I have created a "control-c" shortcut to KCalc that I have been unable to get rid of! I created it using the "Command Shortcuts" on the Configure - Keyboard Shortcuts screen. When I tried doing copy pastes and Kcalc started popping up, I wanted to change it to Control-Alt-C. However, when I returned to the command shortcuts screen, the section for "Shortcut for Selected Command" was listed as None instead of custom. But control-c was still bringing up Kcalc. So I switched back to custom and set it a shortcut to KCalc that I have been unable to get rid of. s the desired control-alt-c. The effect was now both control-c and control-alt-c both bring up Kcalc. So then i tried the defaults button on that same screen to just reset everything, but still control-c and control-alt-c are still brining up Kcalc. In a desperation, I also switched back "shortcut schemes" and "modifier keys" to default to and that still didn't work.

Help?!?

I am running "KDE 3.2 Branch >= 20040204" on Mandrake 10 if that helps diagnose