KRec - Cannot create file

I have been trying to use Krec 0.1 to record parts of BBC broadcasts on the
net.

I use RealPlayer 8 with an aRtsdsp wrapper for reception, which works OK.  I
set up Krec according to the instructions.  I have set up aRts controller so
that output from RealPlayer is piped through to Krec. The VU meter, which I
take to be the rectangular box to the right of the 'stop' button, shows
rising and falling green signal, which moves in time to the sound, so I
presume sound is getting to Krec.

The problem starts with the creation of sessions and files.  I tried first of
all perform a simple recording as per the instructions. I clicked on the "New
File" button, and chose a filename with the .raw extension.  This new file
name showed up the Sessions/Files window.  The instructions then state:

«After that you need to tell KRec to record to this file. That is done in the
context-menu of the file-item.»

Does "context-menu" mean right-click? The is no sign of any context menu or
any way I have found to make any recording.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Basil Fowler

"Use the context;menu to