Re: Konqueror and hidden files.

Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Tuesday 11 May 2004 00:04, ddtl wrote:

Hello everybody,

How can I configure Konqueror to show hidden files as a default -
currently, in order to show hidden files, I have to enter a directory
and set "Show hidden files" - then Konqueror creates a special
configuration file called ".directory" where it saves the settings for that
particuar directory (in my case - to show hidden files), so that if you
restart Konqueror and enter that directory-hidden files would be shown. But
if, for example, ~/files/ directory is shown in a file listing and you set
View=>"Show hidden files", after that hidden files are shown only in that
particular directory, not in the other ones: if you change
to the ~/scripts directory, for example, hidden files won't be shown,
and that poses two problems: first of all I don't want to set
"Show hidden files" for every single directory on my PC. Also, I don't
have write privileges for most directories, which means that ".directory"
file could not be created there, and settings are not remembered.

Try this: activate "Show hidden files" and save the filemanager view profile.

Tried, but no, it doesn't help -- hidden files are still not shown. (Now you surely wonder whether I forgotten to load the filemanager view profile, but I didn't :^) ).

ddtl.