Re: Buggy desktop icon and widget behavior (4 things)

ico@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all! I've had this problem for quite some time now and was wondering whether this was a bug on my system (MDK 10.0) or is this still the problem with KDE. In the case of the latter, I would love to hear when will it be fixed: 1) When having desktop icons and moving them around their "selection frame" leaves trails that cannot be erased. See: http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/Kde/Desktop.jpg They do eventually go away but are simply a nuisance and deter the overall quality of KDE experience.

You probably have a distro issue or configuration issue that is causing it.

But, you can erase them. Open a Konsole and execute:

xrefresh

That should redraw your screen correctly.

--
JRT