Re: Fonts size

Sebastiano Pomata wrote:
il Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:07:14 -0700
James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@xxxxxxx> ha scritto:

Sebastiano Pomata wrote:

I've set my preferred font size for menus, general etc through
kcontrol and everything goes well, but I have a little problem: when
I try to run KDE apps from other wm (my old pc can't afford to run
always kde) the fonts are much more bigger. Anyone can help? thanks

The first question: are you running: "kdeinit" after you start the window manager for the other desktop?

Second thing you should do: run: "qtconfig" and set the default font.

Yes, I've started kdeinit after my wm, but still the fonts are bigger
than the size set in KDE. I mean: in KDE i like size 10, in another WM
the apps of KDE have bigger fonts, and if I run kcontrol the value is
still 10, but it's a "bigger" ten than the one of KDE. Sorry for the
mess but I'm very tired.

Is it just the KDE applications that have different font sizes?

If not, check and see where the DPI for X is being set. With KDE this is normally set in: "$KDEDIR/share/config/kdm/Xservers", but I understand that some distos do it some other way. If you are starting the other WM/DT with something other than KDM, the resolution is going to be set somewhere else.

--
JRT