Changing KDE 3.2 menus

Hello

I've just installed a mdk 10 distro with KDE 3.2. I changed the menus type to
KDE menu instead of mandrake menu.

Now I want to change the shared KDE menus, and the way I can do that visibly
changed.

Changing the directories in /usr/share/applnk doesn't work all the time,
because some .desktop files aren't in these directories.

I red the new freedesktop spec about the new applications.menu files, and I
changed this file.

But I don't know how KDE can take these changes into account ! Does someone
know that ? What command do I need to run ?

Thanks !

Philippe