Re: KDE Developers don't test their own programs...

Am Fre, den 19.03.2004 schrieb Nathan Toone um 19:21:

> > So what? The computer is my servant. It has to assist me as good as
> > possible. Maybe the user WANTs to change the filetype.. so why make it
> > more difficult than needed?
>
> I still don't understand why you would want to change a MIME type...a file is
> what it is.  You can open it with different applications - but that still
> doesn't change what it is.  An image is an image no matter what - you can
> open it in different programs (and using the kontrol center, you can
> configure what the default program is), but it's still an image.

I don't know why I want to change it. But why make it impossible only
because you cannot think of any purpose? :-)

Automatisms are great as long as they do exactly what they should. But
they are getting a huge clutch if they don't work and if you cannot
disable them.. filetype recognition is one of those..

Regards

--
Clemens Wacha           wacha@xxxxxx           ICQ:12620942

proudly running Debian/GNU Linux. See http://www.debian.org