kview and many images makes kdeinit choke (cpu 99%)

Hi all,

Since KDE3 I had to abandon my favorite slideshow/viewer program because it couldn't handle more than 500 files.
Now with kde 3.2.1 it still behaves the same way. Even if you make a file list yourself and try to open it with kview.
The symptom is that kdeinit eats all cpu for as long as you let it; it doesn't get out of this situation by itself, you have to kill kview.

How can this be or is there a solution? This is a real pitty.
I now use gqview which has no problems with this number of images.
I've got the KDE packages for Suse 8.2 on an Intel P4 box. The problem occured since KDE3.

Cheers,
Guy