Re: Adding Mime Types

On Sunday 14 March 2004 15:00, Clemens Wacha wrote:
> Am Son, den 14.03.2004 schrieb Kilian Kluge um 14:40:
> > > I want to add a new mimetype for my own special text files. But
> > > the problem is that kde always recognizes them as text files. how
> > > can I override this?
> >
> > At the Control Center ([Alt]+[F2], then type 'kcontrol') you can add
> > own MIME-Types (the special function is found in the
> > KDE-Components-group there). There you can add your own ending of
> > the files, a special icon and the program to open these files!
>
> Strange.. now it works..
>
> Anyway, I want that this also works with folders.
>
> I have registered a new mime type application/folder-app with pattern
> *.App
>
> then i make touch test.App
> and mkdir tmp.App
>
> cwacha@lapis:~/Desktop$ kfile test.App/
> My Application.App/: Folder (inode/directory)
> cwacha@lapis:~/Desktop$ kfile tmp.App
> test.App: Application (application/folder-app)
>
> How does kde find out the mime type? There must be some rules somewhere.

I think the rules for local files are:
- decide by extension
- check magic code

I am pretty sure directories are sorted out first, not sure if there can be a
specialized directory mime type.

I'd says you wait a couple of days. Maybe Waldo Bastian reads your question.
If not, I suggest you ask on kfm-devel.

Cheers,
Kevin

--