Re: saving desktop state

Hi, all --

...and then David T-G said...
%
% I just rebuilt my laptop from SuSE 8.1 to SuSE 9.0, doing a complete wipe
% and install but then restoring my home directory.  Now all of my windows
% open but they have forgotten their titles, positions, and desktops.
% Worse, I don't recall how to save my desktop; logging out does not save
% my existing session.

The answer to the second question is the main KDE gear menu on the
toolbar; there is a 'save session' selection.

The answer to the first still eludes me.  I ended up wiping out my .kde
and .kde2 directories, pulling down the SuSE supplementary updates to KDE
3.2 and upgrading, and then starting over from scratch.  I'm back on
track again.

%
% I'd be more than happy to just use my old configuration, since it was
% perfect, but I could rebuild everything if I had to -- and could save it.
% Is there any way to recover my old session configuration.

*sniff*  May it rest in peace...

Thanks anyway & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.