Re: Konsole

Gus Tabares wrote:

Hello all,

I just recently upgraded to KDE 3.2. Compliments to the KDE team for a job well done. My only problem is when I start Konsole. I no longer receive my normal PS1-defined prompt but instead a bash-2.05b$ prompt. Also, all of my command line aliases are no longer defined. I'm running Slackware 9.1, any help is appreciated.

The problem is probably that when you start KDE with KDM (GUI login) that the: "Xsession" script is not running these two scripts:

	/etc/profile
	$HOME/.bash_profile

{some systems use: $HOME/.profile} for the second one.

I do this by making the: "Xsession" file a login script. The first line is:

#!/bin/bash --login

or the: "Xsession" script can explicitly source the two configuration files.

Note that some setups have an: "Xsession" script:

$KDEDIR/share/config/kdm/Xsession

that does nothing but source the system: "Xsession" script which is normally:

/etc/X11/Xsession

If that is the case, the first one needs to be the login script.

It is also possible that after an upgrade that you have an extra: "Xsession" script that is causing the problem.

--
JRT