Re: How to keep k3b from compiling in kdeextragear-1

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:11:20 +0100
Thomas Debe <sert_delta@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2004 11:35 schrieb Steven P. Ulrick:
> > Hello, Everyone :)
> Hello !
>
> > I have two questions relating to the same topic:
> > 1. Does k3b still change /etc/fstab and /dev to the point where
> > XCdroast doesn't work properly (that maybe just the non-root mode.
> > I can't remember.)?  I believe that k3b used to make CD drives be
> > under a different group than Xcdroast made them to be.
> > 2. If the answer to the above question is that k3b and XCdroast
> > still don't play well together, how can I keep k3b from compiling
> > when I compile kdeextragear-1 from the CVS?
> >
> > I tried adding the following to ./configure: "--without-k3b"  The
> > ouput from make still said that k3b was going to be compiled.  I am
> > not willing to take the risk that "make" is lying to me, so I would
> > prefer to find out from an expert before I risk installing k3b.
> > I have nothing against k3b whatsoever, but since I prefer XCdroast,
> > I would prefer to not install k3b, if installing it means that my
> > /etc/fstab will be messed up.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help :)
> > Steven P. Ulrick
>
> In your directory kdeextragear-1 should be a file called subdirs.
> In this file remove k3b then do a make -f Makefile.cvs
>
> regards
> thomas

Hello, Thomas :)
First of all, thanks for your quick response :)  But I tried what you
said, and "subdir" re-wrote itself, with the line that I deleted put
back in.  When I discovered this, I wasn't willing to take the risk of
installing k3b, so I aborted the build.  I will try again afte I get
home from work :)

Steven P. Ulrick