(no subject)

Sometimes when I download (not open) a file, say, a DOS zip file, instead of
getting the window that allows me to select the drive and directory where I
want the file put, along with the ability to rename it as I wish, the
download starts right away, and the "progress window" indicates that the file
is being sent to my temp directory, under a cryptic (unique) name;  then I am
presented with a list of the files in the zip file.

Why, and how do I avoid this problem?
--
John Sowden
American Sentry Systems. Inc.

U.L. Listed Central Station Alarm Service
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.americansentry.net