Re: kio_thumbnail

Chris wrote:
This process seems to start on its own at various times. When running it uses up almost 100% of my cpu resources. Whats its purpose? Tried google.com/linux with no real understandable results. I'm running Mandrake 9.0 with KDE 3.0.3

IIUC, it is the process that produces the thumbnails in the Konqueror icon view mode for the previews.

While it is running it would be normal for it to take almost 100% of your CPU but it should only run with high CPU usage while previews are replacing icons in Konqueror. If it is running that way at other times, this is a problem.

--
JRT