Re: Konqueror Settings

Russ wrote:
Hi All,

I was wondering how to save the settings in Konq when I am using it in file management mode. I want it to display the icons in 'MultiColumn View' and not 'Icon View' but I can't seem to get the setting to stick.

This option can either be saved as part of the KFM profile or in individual directories.

If you have:

Settings => View Properties Saved in Director

enabled then the options saved for that directory will override the global settings.

If you have this checked and you change the display format then it should be the same when you come back to that directory.

So first unset that option. Then go to your $HOME directory set the options you want and:

Settings => Save View Profile "filemanagement"

Then note the two check boxes on the widget and click: "Save".

If this doesn't work, and it doesn't appear to work correctly for me on 3.1.4+ :-( it is a bug which I think has been fixed in 3.2. Sorry about that.

--
JRT